Home and community care
As we get older we appreciate a little extra help to stay independent in our own home. You will soon be able to access home and community care services from Karingal Green Health & Aged Care Community.
If you are interested to learn more about when this service will be available please register your interest in the form below. We will keep you updated on upcoming services.
Register your interest for Home Care Services
For more information about the Karingal Green Home & Community Care Services please fill in your contact details below. We will be in touch to let you know when the services will be available.
Understanding Home Care Funding
In-home care and community support services can be funded by:
- Your ACAT approved Home Care Support Package (HCP)
- The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)
- Or you can pay for services privately if you wish
Home Care Package
If your ACAT assessment determines that you qualify for a Home Care Package (HCP) then depending upon your care needs you will receive a certain level of government funding to support your care in your home. You will then partner with an approved Home Care Service Provider to manage your package and facilitate the services provided to you.
Based on your goals your HCP funding can help you with day-to-day activities including:
- Providing services such as personal care, nutrition, hydration, meal preparation and diet
- Delivering support services like mobility and assistive technology, gardening and transport
- Managing clinical services including nursing and allied health.
The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
Sometimes, the ACAT approval process can take time. If you need care and support services while on the wait list, you can apply for the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) through My Aged Care.
The CHSP helps you quickly access services such as domestic assistance, home maintenance, social support and respite care.